Garmin G500 MFD/PFD Flight Display System
Premier Avionics is a
Garmin GTN750, GTN650 and G600/G500 Demo Dealer
- In the Box
- G500/600 Video
Designed specifically for FAR Part 23 Class 1/Class 2 aircraft (singles and twins less than 6,000 lbs.), the G500 is an affordable, dual-screen electronic flight display that works with your avionics stack to provide a fully certified “glass cockpit” retrofit option.
Replaces Your 6-pack with Twin Screens
The G500’s 10" wide bezel fits neatly into the panel space vacated by your standard 6-pack of mechanical 3" flight instruments. (In many cases the existing airspeed indicator, artificial horizon and altimeter can be relocated to serve as standby instrumentation.)
Dual 6.5" LCDs, mounted side-by-side in the bezel, put both Primary Flight Display (PFD) and Multifunction Display (MFD) capabilities directly in your field of view to help streamline instrument scanning. See real-time True Airspeed calculations and selectable Winds Aloft data — as well as aircraft ground speed, GPS active waypoint, distance-to-waypoint, desired/actual track, and more. The screens are even Class B night-vision goggle friendly for use with a wide array of optics.
On the left-hand side, the PFD consolidates all primary situational information regarding your aircraft’s position, speed, attitude, vertical rate, altitude and flight progress. For added visual orientation, a scaled version of our SVT™ Synthetic Vision Technology is also available as an upgrade option — creating a 3-D “virtual reality” perspective view of flight and enroute terrain features.
On the right-hand side, the MFD provides detailed moving-map graphics of your aircraft’s current position in relation to ground features, chart data, navaids, flight plan routings and more. A trial version of our FliteCharts® and SafeTaxi® come pre-installed (the charts will disable when the data is more than 6 months out-of-date). And built-in terrain and US obstacles databases provide color-coding and other visual cues to graphically alert you when proximity conflicts loom. What's more, AOPA Airport Directory data comes pre-installed, putting FBO and fuel/service listings right at your fingertips. When flying internationally, opt for global AC-U-KWIK airport directory data instead.
G500 operation is simple — with familiar rotary knob for data entry, softkeys for mode selection, front-loading SD™ card slot for additional data and updates, plus an easy-to-navigate G1000-like graphical user interface.
Experience the AHRS Advantage
In place of sensitive gyro instruments, the G500 uses our super-reliable GRS 77 Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS). Combining inputs from GPS, magnetometer and air data computer, the AHRS provides an accurate digital referencing of your aircraft’s dynamic orientation in space. Also, unlike some competitive attitude/heading sensors, it’s even able to restart and properly realign itself while the aircraft is moving. ARINC 429 interface support also allows radar altimeter data to display directly on the PFD.
Keep Your Existing Avionics
The G500 was designed to interface with and display data from a range of equipment, including radios, navigators and audio panels. It'll even interface with autopilots and flight directors installed in Class 1 and Class 2 aircraft. You can use the G500 for cockpit control/display of heading, course and navigation source inputs for autopilots, as well as autopilot mode annunciations with variants of the KFC 275/325 and KFC 225. What’s more, with the optional GAD 43 adapter unit, you can elect to have the same ultra-reliable digital AHRS data driving the G500 display to serve as your autopilot’s primary attitude reference. This typically eliminates the need to retain a gyro-mechanical ADI. The GAD 43e adds even more capabilities that can further reduce pilot workload and enhance safety, including altitude preselctor and vertical speed control, as well as DME distance, synchro ADF, marker beacon lamps and analog altimeter indicators right on the display.
Add Weather, Traffic and Other Options
Combine the G500 with a variety of optional sensors and data links. Add digital on-board weather radar functionality with our Doppler-capable GWX 70, which features a reliable, solid-state design, as well as optional turbulence detection and ground clutter suppression capabilities. The GDL 69 series XM receiver offers weather and NEXRAD coverage for the US, as well as SiriusXM Satellite Radio, while the GSR 56 provides global weather data, radar imagery, voice/data connectivity and ground-based position tracking through the Iridium satellite network. And for help in watching nearby traffic, access Traffic Information Service (TIS) alerts on your G500 simply by adding a GTX 330 Mode S transponder. For more advanced traffic surveillance, select from an available TAS or TCAS system, including our GTS™ family of traffic surveillance products. The G600 also includes a video input option that allows your MFD to double as an EVS or live-cam video monitor.
Retrofit Made Easy
Retrofitting is simple and straightforward. With Supplemental Type Certification (STC) provided under an FAA Approved Model List, we have detailed G500 installation specs for more than 600 models of GA aircraft. See your authorized Garmin installation center to get onboard with this system in your aircraft.
- Dual 6.5" diagonal color LCD
- RGB backlighting technology
- High resolution 640 x 480 VGA (921,600 RGB dots)
- 65,536 simultaneous colors
- Direct sunlight readable
- Auto, manual or lighting bus inputs for dimming
- 6.7" high
- 10" wide
- 3.25" deep
- 6.4 lbs
- 10-40 VDC, reverse polarity protected
- 55 W typical
- -20C to +55C operating temp
- -55C to +85C storage temp
- 2 degrees C per minute temp variation
- 95% at 50C humidity
- Display equipment tested to 55,000 ft max altitude
- Internal cooling, external cooling not required
- Position source: External GPS via RS-232
- GPS interface for Garmin 400W/500W series
- Nav radio interfaces: GNS 430W/530W/480 or SL30
- 8 bi-directional high speed RS-232 ports
- 2 bi-directional high speed RS-422/485 ports
- 8 ARINC 429 high/low speed inputs and 4 outputs
- ADF DC Sin/Cos input
- Radar interface:
- GWX 68 (LRU sold separately)
- Optional interface required for G500; standard interface included for G600
- ARINC 708 support is optionally available for select GA radars
- Optional interface required for G500/G600
- Check with your Garmin dealer for radar compatibility
- Autopilot interfaces
- Heading/course error outputs
- Analog lateral and vertical deviation outputs
- ARINC 429 digital roll steering support
- RS-485 digital altitude capture
- Analog flight director input
- Selected autopilot flight directors
- GAD 43 adapter (standard on G600; optional on G500) enables AHRS to drive select autopilot systems. Supports the following gyro emulation:
- Approved gyro replacement for: King KI-256 (or equivalent) used on KAP 100, KAP/KFC 150, KAP/KFC 200, KFC 225, and KFC 275; Collins 332D-11T used on select APS-65 installations; King KVG 350 used on KFC 250, KFC 300, KFC 325 (non-EFIS)
- Evaluating for future approval: Cessna/ARC G519 used on Cessna 300B, 400B and 800B; Sperry VG-14A used on SPZ-200, SPZ-500
- STC via Approved Model List (AML) for nearly 800 airframes with G600 and nearly 600 airframes with G500
- G500 is approved for Class 1/Class 2 aircraft (under 6,000 lbs). G600 is approved for Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 aircraft (including piston and turbine aircraft between 6,000 lbs and 12,500 lbs MTOW)
- TSO-C2d, TSO-C3d, TSO-C4c, TSO-C6d, TSO-C8d, TSO-C10b, TSO-C34e, TSO-C36e, TSO-C40c, TSO-C41d, TSO-C43c, TSO-C52b, TSO-C63c, TSO-C87, TSO-C113, TSO-C147, TSO-C151b (G600 only)
Price, features and specifications subject to change without notice. Some listed features require Version 5.0 software upgrade.
- GDU 620
- GRS 77
- GDC 74
- GMU 44
- GTP 59
Package contents may vary per version. See Premier Avionics for more information.