PS-Engineering PM1000 II Intercom
PM1000 II Intercom
The Most Popular Mono Intercom in the World!
The PM1000II gives you great capabilities, unbelievable flexibility and some of the most advanced features of the product line. Check out the one minute playback digital recorder optional feature, allowing pilots to replay radio calls on demand.
The PM1000II panel mounted, four-channel intercom gains the benefits of PS Engineering's 27 years of design excellence. This popular panel mount has advanced features found in only more expensive competitor's units. Some of its best features include:
- Pilot isolate, crew isolate, and dual entertainment sources allow full flexibility, even giving pilots the option to feed monaural music to the passengers and allow them to chat among themselves without disturbing the front seats. (Note: crew isolate and dual music requires the 11920 model)
- Soft Mute circuitry is our standard-setting solution for managing the music volume levels against radio reception and transmission.
- Automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft radio wires the pilot's headset to the aircraft radio in the event of disrupted power or related failure.
- Separate pilot and copilot transmit capabilities ensures that only the person pressing the PTT will be heard over the radio. A red transmit light is illuminated when a PTT is pressed -- this also serves as a "stuck-mic" indicator.
- Independent intercom volume settings do not affect radio equipment volume levels, allowing better control over communications.
- An optional digital recorder can provide up to one minute of storage of radio receptions. A continuous loop recorder, it does not record "dead air time", giving the pilots an option to store up to 16 messages at any one time.
PMA1000 II Product Information Overview and Features
The PM1000II is a 4-place panel mounted intercom (expandable to up to 8 places) with individual volume and squelch controls for both the pilot and copilot.
A multi-position mode switch allows the pilot to select up to three configurations depending on the PM1000II part number.
The ISO mode isolates the pilot from the intercom,and connects directly with the aircraft radios. The copilot and passengers are free to have conversation and enjoy the entertainment without radio interruption. The pilot is not distracted by passenger intercom use and has control over the radio communications.
The “ALL” mode places everybody on a party line.Each person hears all intercom conversation and aircraft radio reception. Everyone hears the entertainment source as well.
Some models of the PM1000II (see ordering information) include an optional “CREW” mode. In CREW mode, the pilot and copilot are on one intercom channel, while the passengers have conversation on another. In this mode, two independent music inputs are active. The pilot and copilot listen to Beethoven, as the passengers listen to Rock and Roll.
Benefiting from 21 years of excellence in VOX circuit design, the PM1000II takes ultimate advantage of independent microphone circuits to keep unwanted noise out of the audio. Since only the microphone being spoken into is open, extraneous cabin noise is minimized. Individual squelch controls mean that the system can be tailored to different microphones, as well as variations in voice levels in the cockpit.
The PM1000II provides entertainment input. When the intercom or aircraft becomes active, the music will automatically mute, allowing communications without distraction. When the activity cases, the SoftMute(tm) circuit gradually returns the music to the original volume. A slight delay prevents lost syllables and choppy conversation.
The PM1000II has an automatic fail-safe interconnect to the aircraft systems. If power to the intercom is disrupted, the pilot’s headset is automatically connected to the aircraft radio. This permits continuous radio communications.
Because the pilot and copilot volume control does not affect the aircraft radio volume, balance between the intercom and radio audio is easily achieved. For instance, by reducing the pilot’s intercom volume, the aircraft radio volume will be in the foreground, while the intercom will be at a background level.
With the PM1000II installed, both pilot and copilot have transmit capability over the aircraft radio. Only the person who presses the PTT is heard over the radio. A 2-color LED shows green when power is on, and red during radio transmissions.This feature acts as a stuck microphone indication.
An optional internal digital recorder (p/n 11906 or 11908, non-TSO) can provide up to one minute of stored aircraft radio reception. This device is a continuous loop recorder that automatically starts recording the instant a radio transmission is received, with no dead air time recorded. By pressing a momentary switch, the last recorded messages will be replayed. Up to 16 messages (or 1 minute) can be stored.
PS Engineering offers an exclusive 1-year ProSupport warranty when installed by an authorized dealer.
|Input power:||12 - 28 Volts DC Current Drain: < 250 mA|
|Headphone Impedance:||150 - 1000 Ohms typical|
|Audio Distortion:||<10% @ 70mW into 150 Ohm load|
|Aircraft Radio Impedance:||1000 Ohms typical|
|±3 dB Mic Freq. Response:||350 Hz - 6000 Hz|
|±3 dB Music Freq. Response:||200 Hz - 15,000 Hz|
|Dimensions:||1.25” H X 3.00” W X 5.50” D|
|FAA-TSO C50c:||RTCA/DO-170, DO160B, A1CASXXXXXXXBBBBBBX|